Sunday, July 12, 2009

Black Widow?!?!?!?

       Two days ago when we first came here I looked at the cutting boards and  saw a spider. Mom needed a cutting board so I told her there was a spider and blew on it and it scuttled around, so mom brought it outside and asked the care taker if it was a black widow and she said yes it is and mom killed it.

9 comments:

  1. Hey Crispin! Great blog! And no, I don't think it was a black widow, but we are getting an expert opinion...

    -Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew your mom was brave, but these stories about turkeys AND possibly-very-dangerous spiders are on a totally new level of bravery!

    I can't wait to hear all of your stories, Crispin! Thanks for starting a blog.

    -Lauren McDow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crispin! I know you are going to have such a great time with your family in Mexico! I am going to have a baby very soon, and he may even have the same birthday as you! He is due July 25th, one day before your birthday! I hope you guys stay away from those icky spiders! I look forward to reading your blog! Love, Brooke (your former nanny)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Crispin,

    I love your blog. I am so glad that you have started one. Now we can all share in your Mexico adventure! We are taking good care of Basil. She's a great lizard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crispin, when I was a baby and our family was living in Mobile during World War II (a long time ago!), we had some good neighbors, the Douglas family. One day Mr. Douglas went outside to mow the lawn, and he slipped on an old pair of shoes he kept on the back porch. Unfortunately, he didn't look inside the shoes or shake them, and he was bitten by a black widow spider that was hiding inside one shoe! Fortunately, his wife got him to the doctor for medicine, and he was ok. All during my childhood I heard that story, and throughout my life I've known to shake out shoes left outside! Now you have a black widow spider story, and maybe some day you'll be telling it to your grandchild!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Crispin! Great story! What can you see out your window? Have you looked through the binoculars yet? Do you think you will ever like spicy candy as much as you like regular candy? What animals live near you? I am very curious. Love, Alison, John, Katie, Joseph, Arizona, Raisin and Weasly the fish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Crispin! I cut myself with a pocket knife. Sadly, I had to get 2 stitches in my thumb. Did you get stitches in your finger?

    Love,
    Max

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Crispin -- I hear you are taking flying lessons! Tell us more! Sounds like you are having a great time in Oaxaca. I hope you have the spiders under control by now. If you have anymore trouble with them, you can scare them with your mask! I enjoyed seeing you on Skype and look forward to our next visit. Don't you think Pem and I looked beautiful? You, Harper, and Amelia should receive a small surprise in the mail by the end of the week. Want a hint? Love, Grandad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Crispin,
    How are you? I'm glad you made it safe and sound to Oaxaca. What do you think of the food there? How does it compare to the "authentic" Mexican restaurants in Atlanta? And what's this about flying lessons? That's pretty amazing. Tell us more!

    ReplyDelete